Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tipping and Something Fun.

So... As you may have noticed... I didn't post yesterday. ...I should probably post every day so that I get into the habit of posting all the time even when I don't really feel like it... but... oh well. :) I was so tired yesterday. I worked 7:30-3 which isn't a horrible shift, but we just had a ton of people coming in all the time! Even my shift supervisor, Lindsay, said that she felt like she was going crazy because it was so busy. And just when we thought things were getting better... An entire volleyball team came in (seriously, like 15 or 20 girls) and they all had to order something, and only a few of them actually tipped something... *sigh*

BTW... Sidenote. I never really realized the importance of tipping until I started working at Caribou - now, I don't think I could go without tipping my baristas! They really do a lot, and it's a really stressful job. Especially when they know your drink and they talk to you - that's a big deal. They don't have to do that for their customers, but they go the extra mile and do it anyway. So, if you see me working, you don't have to tip me... BUT. Please consider tipping your baristas if you don't already! What a lot of people do is just give the coins from the change they get. Even if it's just a little bit, the fact that people give anything at all is really nice and makes us feel like they appreciate what we do. Just a heads-up for you guys. :)

Oh, and the other day I had the Chicken Apple Sausage Daybreaker [Click HERE for the nutritional value]. I didn't like it much the first time I had it, but this last time I really liked it since I knew what to expect. It's definitely a sweeter sandwich because of the apple bits that are in the sausage, but it's really good. I'd recommend it to anyone! :) I think I'll try the Egg-White and Turkey Bacon Daybreaker sometime... I don't know why I'm so nervous to try it. Oh well. Aaand I haven't had anybody's drinks in the last couple of days. My mom's favorite drink is a Decaf Caramel Latte so I really need to be in the mood to have decaf in order to get that one. I think I can do it on Monday, but we'll see. :)

Well, that's all I have for now. Go take my survey and go eat a Grilled Cheese at your local Caribou! If not that, then get a Blackberry and White Chocolate Scone (Seriously. It's like heaven on a plate.).

Aaand enjoy this lovely comic from theoatmeal.com (It's actually educational!): http://theoatmeal.com/comics/coffee :)

PS - I'm obsessed with This Website. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin