Friday, September 9, 2011

Weekend and Craziness.

So, it's the weekend, and this has definitely been an eventful week at work. I worked a lot which wasn't a big deal (since I enjoy it so much), but the past two days have been very eventful.

Yesterday morning I burned myself on our oven, and that HURT. The spatula-type-thing that we use to get sandwiches out of the oven has its handle broken, so unfortunately right now our hands and arms are much closer to the heat than they normally are. Because of this and because I wasn't watching what I was doing, as I pulled a sandwich out, my arm came down and landed on the inside door. It proceeded to hurt like none other, even though I put it under cold water multiple times and for a long time. *sigh* BUT. Kelsey (my boss) has magic lotion (lol) and after a couple times of rubbing it on there, it felt a lot better! Now it's bandaged up and is healing.

...I feel like this isn't going to be the last time that I get a battle scar from working at Caribou. Oh well. It's totally worth it.

Also, the reason that I didn't update yesterday was because I ended up having to go home sick in the afternoon. :( I have no idea what happened, but I started feeling weaker and weaker (even though I ate), started sweating, getting dizzy, and shaking. Thanks to my wonderful co-workers (Rachel and Casey especially), I was able to go home and lay on the couch all afternoon. I absolutely hate being sick because it makes me feel useless and I feel like a baby, but my wonderful hubby brought home flowers and took care of me all evening, so I went back to work today, ready and able to work! :)

Today was also a crazy day, even though I only worked two hours. So, I'm excited that it's the weekend, and that I get to spend some more quality time with the hubs! We're going to a friend of Eric's wedding tonight, and then we'll see what happens the rest of the weekend! I'm sure some lovely Caribou Coffee will be involved in some way. ;)

Oh, speaking of... We have a new promotional coffee! You guys should definitely buy a pound and try it - I'm excited to drink it at home. It's called Hojas del Otono, and it's gonna be really good. It's dark-chocolatey, nutty, and kinda molasses...y... :) So, go to your local Caribou and get some!

------

So, a couple posts ago I talked about how I'm being promoted and my training is starting soon. It's just now starting to become real to me how I need to emotionally and mentally adjust to my new role, and it's definitely not going to be easy. I'm really comfortable when I know what I'm doing and I can be confident at that, but when it comes to changing how I'm supposed to act and respond to situations and moving into leadership... It's definitely harder for me to adjust. I'm really learning a lot through it, and like Kelsey told me today - I'm uncomfortable right now, and that's a good thing. It's allowing me to learn and grow in areas that I need to be stretched, and it's (hopefully) making me a better worker and person because of it. We'll see how it keeps going and I'm sure I'll be updating you once I start training! :)

That's all for now - I think I'm going to do a little blurb on one of our coffees tomorrow. Yay! :)

Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin